AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin is the next generation of software and drivers for AMD Radeon GPUs to deliver the best performance in gaming, video streaming, and VR
- Radeon Boost — Delivers an average performance boost of up to 23 percent during fast-paced gaming scenes by dynamically downscaling, for faster frame rates and smoother, more responsive performance without noticeably degrading image quality. Radeon Boost is already supported in several popular gaming projects. Support for other games will be gradually added.
- AMD Link — The application has received an updated interface that matches the design of the desktop application. AMD Link now allows users to stream mobile gameplay to smartphones and tablets.
- Integer Display Scaling — Allows you to scale the display from one pixel to four or more. The result is a pixelated look for classic retro games with ultra-sharp scaling optimized for high-PPI displays without sacrificing performance.
- DirectML Media Filters — Machine learning-based filters to reduce visual noise and distortion when scaling, improve the display of photo and video content and perform better than traditional filters.
- Image Sharpening and Radeon Anti-lag — Radeon Image Sharpening now supports not only DX9, DX12 and Vulkan games, but also DirectX 11 games. The function allows users to adjust the degree of sharpness of the picture. Radeon Anti-lag has received DirectX 9 gaming support for GPU families up to RX5000.
Convenient control of functions during games
On-screen action recording, screenshot capture and streaming
Checking the correct operation of drivers in Microsoft labs
Increase in productivity
Using all the resources of the video card at full capacity
Using all the resources of the video card at full capacity
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Features
- Enhanced picture quality by upscaling from 1080p to 4K using adaptive directional filtering technology.
- Advanced video quality settings for 6th Gen AMD A-Series APUs.
- High-speed loading of games using shader caching function.
- Monitor settings — resolution and refresh rate, dynamic contrast.
- Frame anti-aliasing — smooth gameplay in DirectX 9 games.
- Optimization of energy consumption.
- «Frame rate control» function with a range of 20 to 200 frames per second.
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin:
Windows 10/7 SP1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Supported Graphics Cards
AMD Radeon RX 5700
AMD Radeon RX 5600
AMD Radeon RX 5500
AMD Radeon VII
AMD Radeon RX Vega
AMD Radeon RX 500 / Radeon 500X
AMD Radeon RX 400
AMD Radeon Pro Duo
AMD Radeon R9 Fury
AMD Radeon R9 Nano
AMD Radeon R9 300
AMD Radeon R9 200
AMD Radeon R7 300
AMD Radeon R7 200
AMD Radeon R5 300
AMD Radeon R5 200
AMD Radeon HD 8500 — HD 8900
AMD Radeon HD 7700 — HD 7900
Supported Processors AMD AMD APU Product Family Compatibility
AMD Ryzen Processors with Radeon Vega graphics
AMD Ryzen PRO Processors with Radeon Vega graphics
AMD Athlon Processors with Radeon Vega Graphics
AMD Athlon PRO Processors with Radeon Vega Graphics
AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon R4, R5, R6, or R7 Graphics
AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon R5 or R7 Graphics
AMD Athlon Series APUs with Radeon R3 Graphics
AMD Sempron Series APUs with Radeon R3 Graphics
Overclocking AMD Radeon graphics
If you go to the Performance> Settings section, you can overclock your video card here. Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition completely replaces overclocking software for AMD graphics cards. …
Everything is done very simply by dragging the frequency and speed sliders. Be sure to monitor the temperatures of the graphics card in case of overclocking.
Optimization for mining Compute Mode
GPUs are increasingly being used for tasks other than rendering and image processing. GPU acceleration is getting a lot of applications that take advantage of their rich computing power, and one of the main topics of recent times has been cryptocurrency mining. AMD already released in October a special version of drivers 17.10.2, specially optimized for this purpose, and the increase in speed when mining with it was quite noticeable.
But the need to install either «gaming» or «mining» drivers is not always convenient, and AMD logically decided to make a universal version. Starting from Adrenalin 17.12.1, optimizations can be switched from graphical tasks to computing tasks at any time. Users can now fully utilize the computing power of their GPUs for a variety of tasks, maximizing performance in all conditions and without the need to reinstall drivers.
To change the type of optimization, you need to go to the Gaming tab of the Radeon Settings drivers, select Global Settings and find the «GPU Workload» switch there, which allows you to select Graphics or Compute. This setting is designed for mining Ethereum cryptocurrency, for example, and it allowed us to get an increase in speed when mining it by almost 14% — from 21.7 to 24.8 MH / s when using a Radeon RX 570 4 GB video card with Claymore’s Dual software Ethereum. By the way, according to AMD specialists, who have access to their own statistics, only about 2% of all users use their video cards for mining tasks. But since they have optimized the drivers for such tasks, then maybe there are actually a few more of them?
Download Radeon Software Adrenalin
What's New in AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
AMD Link improvements
Consistent design with Radeon Software applications
Change graphics card settings to improve game performance
Simplified interface and ready-made presets for automatic tuning
Advanced GPU, memory, voltage and cooling options for enthusiasts
Conveniently track system performance while playing
Streaming gameplay or desktop
Improvements to stability
Simplified launch, configuration and control right from the game
Separate streaming control area
Support for services Mixer, Twitch, Youtube, multiple scenes, etc.
DirectML Media Filters
Filters to suppress visual noise and distortion when scaling based on machine learning
Greater detail where it matters with just 2% load increase
DirectX 11 game support
Enabling and disabling the function while playing
Lag Prevention (Radeon Anti-lag)
Reduced typing delays, improved responsiveness
Added DirectX 9 support for GPU families up to RX5000
Integer Display Scaling
Retro style pixel rendering for classic games
Ultra-clear scaling for high-resolution displays (high-PPI)
Option does not affect performance
Built-in browser allows gamers to get important information
Quick access to video instructions
State of the system
Get an alert if your PC doesn’t meet the minimum requirements to run a game
Quick Check AMD Link Status
A simple approach to keeping the system up to date
Launching games from a single panel
Configuring Radeon Software Settings for Each Game
Track game statistics and performance data
Presets available: games, esports and standard
Ideal for beginners
One-click preset application
1-click customization and improved factory reset
Saving settings when reinstalling
The installation process is up to 34% faster